The Best Gluten-Free Fluffy Pancakes with Almond Butter and Caramelized Bananas
“Low on added sugar and big on flavor, these fluffy protein-powered pancakes are sure to be a family favorite and staple in your weekend breakfast repertoire. Made with rice flour and pea protein, this delicious stack is ideal for those following a gluten-free and/or dairy-free diet and super convenient as it uses Orgain’s new Organic Plant-Based Protein & Waffle Mix. The addition of caramelized bananas and almond butter add natural sweetness and nutrients to keep you fueled and energized throughout the morning!” – Samina
- 1 cup Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Pancake & Waffle Mix – Gluten Free
- 1 cup Orgain Organic Protein™ Almond Milk – Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp creamy almond butter, divided*
- Preheat nonstick pan on medium heat and grease with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine pancake mix with almond milk and egg.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the greased, heated pan and cook until bubbles form on the top, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the remainder of the batter.
- After pancakes are cooked, add ½ teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan and swirl around to coat the base of the pan.
- Add sliced bananas and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until bananas are golden on both sides and soft.
- Divide pancakes evenly and top with bananas and ½ tablespoon almond butter per stack. Enjoy!
*look for a brand with no added sugar+Nutrition facts label reflects inclusion of toppings Serving size: two, 4″ pancakes | Amount Per Serving: Calories 190 | Total Fat 12g | Sat. Fat 4g | Cholesterol 70mg | Sodium 140mg | Total Carbohydrate 15g | Fiber 3g | Total Sugars 6g (Includes 0g Added Sugars) | Protein 10g | Vitamin D 10% DV | Calcium 10% DV | Iron 10% DV | Potassium 6% DV