Mini Vegan Snack Waffles
These mini waffles are great to prep ahead of time and provide balanced nutrition at snack time to both kids and adults. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and are easily customized with toppings to satisfy cravings.
Servings: 8 Mini Waffles
- 1 Vanilla Orgain Kids Plant Protein Organic Nutritional Shake
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 tbsp avocado, or other cooking oil
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
Suggested Topping Combinations
- Nut butter and banana, tahini and blueberries, honey and unsweetened shredded coconut, yogurt and kiwi, or avocado, tomatoes, and black pepper
- Plug in a mini waffle maker to heat.
- Mix flax egg ingredients in a ramekin or small bowl.
- Pour the Orgain Kids Organic Plant Protein Nutritional Shake into another medium bowl and whisk in the vinegar.
- Let the wet mixture sit to thicken and whisk together all dry ingredients in a separate medium sized bowl.
- Once the mixture thickens, stir in the flax egg and oil before incorporating the dry ingredients.
- Add 1⁄4 cup to a mini waffle maker and let cook according to manufacturer directions. Once waffle is cooked, remove, set aside, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top waffles with preferred ingredients (see our topping suggestions) and serve warm or freeze to reheat later.
Serving size: 1 Mini Waffle (no toppings) | Amount Per Serving: Calories 100 | Total Fat 14g | Sat. Fat 0g | Cholesterol 1mg | Sodium 97mg | Total Carbohydrate 14g | Fiber 3g | Total Sugars 2g (Includes 0g Added Sugars) | Protein 3g | Vitamin D 3% DV | Calcium 6% DV | Iron 3% DV | Potassium 2% DV