Healthy Lemon Protein Bites
“These energy bites are so easy and so good. They only require six ingredients, come together in one bowl, and make the perfect snack. They are gluten free (as long as you use gluten free oats) and naturally low in FODMAPs. They are great for a post workout snack because of their carbohydrate to protein content.” – Katie
Prep Time5 mins
Servings: 10 Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 scoop Orgain® Organic ProteinTM Plant Based Protein Powder – Vanilla Bean
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- zest from one lemon
- optional white chocolate chips for drizzle*
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Add a little more oats if too wet or a little more almond butter if it’s too dry.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form into balls (1 1/2 tablespoons each).
- If desired, drizzle with melted white chocolate chips.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
*Nutritional analysis does not reflect the use of optional ingredients.
Serving size: 1 Bite (34g) | Amount Per Serving: Calories 150 | Total Fat 9g | Sat. Fat 1g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 55mg | Total Carbohydrate 15g | Fiber 4g | Total Sugars 6g (Includes 5g Added Sugars) | Protein 5g | Vitamin D 0% DV | Calcium 6% DV | Iron 6% DV | Potassium 2% DV