Chocolate Cherry Protein Bars
Rich in both chocolate flavor and protein, these bars keep you satisfied between meals and kick start muscle recovery after workouts. Packed with nutritious whole plant foods, these bars are easy to prep and freeze, and can be easily thawed to nourish busy weeks.
Servings: 8 bars
- 3 scoops Creamy Chocolate Fudge Orgain Organic Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup packed pitted medjool dates
- 5 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cherries (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a food processor and pulse until a wet sand-like texture forms.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and sprinkle over the chopped dried cherries.
- Press down firmly on the mixture with a spatula until you have a hard, level surface.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes before cutting into 8 bars.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freezer up to 3 months.
Serving size: 1 Bar (with unsweetened dried cherries) | Amount Per Serving: Calories 241 | Total Fat 13g | Sat. Fat 2g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 211mg | Total Carbohydrate 20g | Fiber 3g | Total Sugars 9g (Includes 0g Added Sugars) | Protein 10g | Vitamin D 0% DV | Calcium 3% DV | Iron 10% DV | Potassium 7% DV